Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekend Update: A Long Recovery

I pretty much got my ass kicked last weekend. in 4 days, I worked 7 of 8 shifts (someone asked me to pick up an eighth shift, my response included the phrase FUCK NO, caps and all). 2 of those days were 12 hours long, one of which I got no break, the other I had 20 minutes. On the plus side, there's a little overtime in there and I made a lot of money. The down side was that I was exhausted. I slept in on Monday until 11am, though I didn't get out of bed for another hour. That hasn't happened in weeks if not months. I did pretty much nothing that day except some writing. Definitely nothing requiring physical exertion. It was just a really (and deservedly) lazy day (hence no MyTunes, I didn't even think about that until late in the day). I should have asked off on Tuesday also. Unfortunately, I didn't foresee exactly how tired I would end up being. I'm still not full recovered, even though it's several days later. What I really need is a holiday and a road trip.

Luckily, all I plan o doing for the rest of the day is some writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment