Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Amazon Haul: October 2013


I went on Amazon early last week and ordered a few items. Surprisingly, I got them earlier than expected.

Geography Club. This book was written by a columnist from (what is currently called) thebacklot.com (formerly afterelton.com) which is a pop culture site geared towards gay/bi men. It is being made into a film and me being me, I want to read the book first. There is a trailer floating around the web somewhere (by which I mean YouTube). I may or may not have posted said trailer on this blog. If not, I'll get around to it. It isn't a long book. I just started it today (Tuesday) and as of right now I'm about a quarter of the way through it. So far, pretty good and not really what I expected. I have three days off in a row (today was the first) and I should easily be able to get through this book given its length and my lack of stuff to get done (the laundry is already done, thank God).

Star Trek: Into Darkness. This film came out just this past Summer. It was epic. If you are anything like me, you will feel ALL of the feels. Yeah, I cried, but I'm a sap like that. But also, who knew the guy that played Eomer could be funny (Eomer wasn't funny)?

Soapdish. This film is in my top 5. I watched it first when I was really young. I haven't seen it in years and every time in the last couple of years whenever I got stuff from Amazon, they were out of stock (because of the film's age, I can't just go into a place that sells films and find it there). This time, the stars aligned. If you have not seen it, you really should. It's a parody on soap operas and it has a stellar cast. Did I mention it's over the top and hilarious? It's over the top and hilarious, especially the twist at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment