Saturday, March 31, 2012

End of March Review

March is almost over so let's have a little catch-up session.

I don't really care about March Madness or basketball in general, but No. 2 Duke losing to a  No. 15 Lehigh (or whatever it's called) was the best thing ever. Suck it Dookies :P

The fitness thing has been up and down. On the down side, I have had a few dietary setbacks. I think the Lent concessions that I made compensated for that for the most part. I'm going to retool my eating habits. More fish/poultry, less carbs. I'm so close to seeing an actual 6-pack. I know, totally vain. On the up side, exercising has been going very well and I've taken a lot of steps forward. Last week I almost ran a total of 20 miles, including a day where a ran a total of 6 miles (3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon). This past week (as of right now), my running tally is at 22.5 miles, including 2 days when I ran 6 miles each. This is partially a function of my work schedule, otherwise I just wouldn't have the time/energy combination to do this. I think there will be a commemorative 5K here in town (for 4/16/07) that I'll try to do. I was going to last year, but the weather didn't cooperate.

We're in the home-stretch of Lent. One more week, and then I'm pigging out (relatively) guilt-free. That's part of why this week, I'm trying to eat even better and get all that exercise: to make up for what will be taking place on Easter Sunday. Everything I've denied myself for the prior 40 days is going to be shoveled down my gullet and it will be GLORIOUS!!!


Early in the month, I made the goal of finishing A Feast for Crows (volume 4 of A Song of Ice & Fire) by months end. I'm in the home stretch, even though earlier in the week (i.e. Tuesday) I though I would miss this goal. I haven't made up my mind when I'll start reading volume 5, A Dance With Dragons. I really need to start reading some other types of books, primarily political ones. It is, after all an election year and I am, after all, a political nerd. Too many books, too little time.

As for my other blog, things are going pretty well. I don't remember off-hand whether it was this month or February that I started a Facebook page for it. There still aren't too many fans on it as yet, but I'm working on it. I'm still getting better at promoting it. Yesterday, I hit the 4,000 pageview (for the month) mark which was pretty surprising. I'm still working on the original content thing. I have a bunch of half-written pieces that need to be completed. I really need to get better at time management and focus. I'm also getting some positive feedback from readers which is awesome. I wish I was getting more posts on the comments, but at least I'm not getting negative comments (silver lining I suppose).


Well, I guess that's it until next time folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment