Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Update: Wounds & Wine (Part 2)

After working Saturday morning, I went to Fork & Cork which is this wine festival (the one I mentioned in the last post). The day started out cool and cloudy, but ended up sunny and verging on hot (making that sweater not such a great idea), but beautiful. I actually didn't drink that much wine but hung out with some people that I hadn't seen in ages, not including the night before. I took some pictures of the event (unfortunately I didn't get in any of them).







I couldn't believe so many people brought their kids to a wine festival. That just seems like bad parenting.

After the festival, a bunch of us headed over to a friend's place. We hung out there for the rest of the evening and made some awesome food. Steaks, venison, potatoes & onions. It had literally been years since I have had venison (which had been "brought down" by one of the guys who was with us). Delicious! And I ate way too many potatoes.


Some of us went downtown, but I didn't stay out for long, especially since I had to work the next morning. It was a long, active, sleep-deprived weekend, but well worth it since I don't get weekends like this very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment