Saturday, July 14, 2012

Relationship Hell

A bunch of people I work with are having some relationship issues.

One guy was just broken up with by his girlfriend of five years. She said she felt she was holding him back (which sounds fishy to me). They're somewhat in limbo, but I think it may be really over given what he's told me.

Another guy, in a long distance relationship, is apparently bad at comforting his girlfriend who is complaining about her job. They may or may not have solved this issue, but now there is apparently another guy that likes her (even invited her to a wedding, sketchy) who may be trying to move in on his "territory."

A girl who has been with her boyfriend for a number of years was more or less left to fend for herself a week before having surgery on her foot while also caring for their two dogs. He went to the other side of the country at the beginning of Summer. She is, understandably, pissed. His attempts at making up for it have fallen very short. They have not spoken much in the ensuing months. They're still together...at least for now. By the time he comes back, she will be going to grad school up North.

Another guy is crushing hardcore on a girl (we all work together), but she isn't having it. Smart decision on her part. I've mentioned this guy before and he is (still) very immature. From what I can see, they would be a terrible match.

What about me you might be asking? Well, I'm still trying to read the situation I mentioned in a recent post. I'm probably not going to be able to go to the birthday thing, but that's because of work. Last Sunday, I tried to get him out to hang with some mutual friends after he was done working for the day. It was a no-go. He was sort of (physically) touchy with me this week. I'm getting mixed signals so I still have no clue what is going on here and thinking about it is rather frustrating.

So much drama. It's simultaneously interesting, hilarious, and fucking with my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment