Thursday, March 7, 2013

The End Has Come

Today I got an official date: April 6. That is the last day that the place where I work will be open. Ironically, I'll be on the other side of the state that day. The search for a new job has already begun, mainly a bill-paying job. I'm also in the process of putting together a writing portfolio, editing some pieces, submitting to various publications (newspapers, magazines and such) to maybe get some exposure of some sort. As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to Richmond in early April for an LGBT conference being held by Equality Virginia. Hopefully I can do some networking (which, knowing me, will take some liquid courage - I'm pretty shy).

It seems serendipitous that all of this change is happening on the eve of me turning 30. I feel a strange mix of hopefulness, excitement, and fear. Times like this can be seen as upheavals or opportunities, and I'm trying to focus on the latter. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the luck in the world!!! At least you have a date and nearly a month to "finish preparing".

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete