Sunday, July 28, 2013

Good News Wrapped in Bad News Wrapped in Good News

THIS is a babe!!!
The good news: earlier this week at work I got word that someone who came in described me as "a babe." Awesome sauce. The bad news: this person is sans Y chromosome. Can't win them all I suppose. The good news: the person who relayed this message to me was a quite handsome male co-worker...who bats for my team. Maybe he was thinking what she was thinking. *mind racing with possibilities*

Since I just started there, I'm still trying to get the feel of my co-workers: who is trustworthy, who are the gossips, who are the assholes, yadda yadda yadda. It's weird how I see "a game of thrones" gets played out in life all the time. That story has permeated my consciousness in a way that few stories have. Even office politics sometimes looks like the great houses of Westeros jockeying for power. Of course it's me who is the one trying to figure out who the players are and what role they're in.

Other than adjusting to the pace, everything seems to be going well thus far. I'm making more money right now as a trainee than I was making at my last job which is nice especially given A) how much of my savings account I burned through and B) how much I'm trying to save for next Summer (thousands). It's going to be a busy week too. Some sort of a financial plan is coming together. I'll be talking to my bank some time this week. Hopefully things stay on this heading.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, dude!!! Glad you're making good $$$ and everything is going well!!!

    Office politics suck. Big Balls.

    I wish you well!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete