Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back in Action

A guy came into work today wearing a Chicago Bears T-shirt. I really wanted to make some smart-ass comment, but that wouldn't be professional (plus he was kinda bear-ish himself which just wouldn't end well for me). For those who don't know, the Bears and the Green Bay Packers (my favourite team) are bitter rivals who met 3 times last season: they beat us early, we won the second time during the regular season (which got us into the playoffs), and we beat them again in the NFC Championship which got us into the Super Bowl which we won (and was the second one that we won since the last time Chicago won it in 1989), so the Bears can suck on that for a while.

As you can probably guess, I'm really happy that the lockout is finally over and we can get to some football news. This baseball crap is killing me (I fell asleep during the one and only MLB game I actually went to...so boring). Meanwhile, a guy that I work with, also a Green Bay fan, is going to see them play in Charlotte against the Panthers this season (lucky bastard). Also, a friend of mine from grade-school is currently in Green Bay for a shareholders' meeting (lucky bitch). All of this has me incredibly jealous. I've never been to an NFL game, let alone one with the Packers. It's definitely on the life to-do list, especially if it's in the holy land (i.e. Lambeau Field).

Strap in cause I'll have football on the brain for the next 7 months.

The Promised Land

No comments:

Post a Comment