Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gravity Rides Everything

When I was in high grade school, I had a physics teacher named Mr. Templeton. He was such an awesome teacher that I had him in grades 11 and 12 (physics then AP physics...even though I didn't need either of those classes). I loved the classes and the teacher, but all these years later, I don't remember much of the material. I remember that Force =Mass*Acceleration and that's about it.

There is, however, something I remember him telling us. I remember him saying that there were two points in a year where it is possible to balance an egg on-end without assistance from anything. It has something to do with the way gravity works. Those to points are the Summer and Winter Solstice (I don't know what the plural of that word is). I tried it the first time after he said that and managed to do it. For some reason I forgot about this for years...until this week. So earlier today, the Winter Solstice, I decided to give it a try and about 3 minutes later...



Now, if only I could parlay this into some money making venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment