Sunday, December 18, 2011

In the Still of the Night

I don't know what was going on in my head last night, but I had some dreams that were...interesting. I don't really recall specifics, but just general things.

In the first one I was graduating from high school...except it wasn't my actual graduation. I remember all of us lined up walking towards our seats outside in the grass, we were all wearing white graduation gowns (or whatever they're called), and we were wearing leis. This was very unlike my real graduation which was in our gym, I was wearing a blue gown, and there was absolutely nothing Hawaiian about it. This dream wasn't particularly strange...

The second dream, however, was. In this dream, I was a dad. A young, single, dad with a little girl. Who was the mother? The hell if I know. This was strange because I still have my gold star (for some reason, that's a source of pride...which makes zero sense). We were at some gathering of some sort. My cousin Kelly was there and I remember him asking me how I was fairing. I said something to the tune of "I'm in WAAAAY over my head." In reality, being a single parent would scare the crap out of me. I don't know how people do it.

By the way, my little girl was quite well behaved (she only cried once and for a very short time for such a long dream) and she was totally adorable (just like her daddy).

This was such a rambling post, but this is how I remember dreams on the rare occasions that I remember them I'm not sure what time I'll actually post this but I wrote this right after I woke up - 7:30 am - so I would actually remember the dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment