Friday, February 3, 2012

A Banner Two Months

As you may or may not know, I have another blog, which is where most of my blogging time goes (you can find that blog HERE). I started a it a month or two after starting this one. It's very different from this one in that it isn't a personal blog, it's a political one. Most of what I talk about there is LGBT issues, as well as more generally political stuff (elections, the economy, and various other things). That one gets most of my attention because what I hope to do is parlay that into a career in politics, not necessarily a career in political blogging, but maybe something of a resume builder for some other job in the not-too-distant future.

I've been steadily chugging along with that blog, but the last two months have been really (and somewhat surprisingly) great. I went fro averaging around 1,000 page views to getting about 1,600 in December and over 2,500 in January. The work that I put into it - hours of combing through articles and media sites, tons of writing, and advertising through my personal Facebook and Twitter accounts - seems to be paying off somewhat.

I got an additional boost in page views today. I site that I visit on a regular basis, AfterElton.com, usually has a daily meme come out in the morning. Since the person behind it is on holiday this week, today's meme is more of a crowd-sourced deal where readers find stories to share with fellow readers. I took this opportunity to put up a couple of stories from my other blog and I have had a lot of people take a look. Hopefully I can translate that into longer-term viewership.

One thing I would like to see is more comments on that blog (and this one, hint hint ;). Feedback, so long as it is constructive, is a good thing. I would like to see what people who read these blogs have to say about the issues that are brought up. If I'm wrong (or right) about something, I'd like to know either way. So that's one of my goals: to get some more followers, comments, and viewers. Another mission for this month is to start a Facebook page for my other blog in service of those other goals. I should have done that ages ago, but it just hasn't happened yet. I think some increased exposure would be a good thing, especially when tackling issues where people may think that they're alone (i.e. bullying and such).

Other than that, I'm at a bit of a loose end in term of original content. This week I did a fair amount of writing, more so than I have done since I graduated university actually. I'm a little out of ideas, not to mention mentally drained. Usually writing opportunities just present themselves, which is what happened with a lot of this week's topics (i.e. reviewing January's advances in marriage equality).

That's pretty much all that was on my mind. If you made it to the end of this post, here is your reward: EYE CANDY!!!

Denver Broncos Wide Receiver Eric Decker


No comments:

Post a Comment