Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bovine Excrement

This football season is not going well. In fact, I would go so far as to say that  it is a joke. Monday night's game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers is exhibit A.

For those who are unaware, there is a contract dispute going on with the NFL referees. Because of this, the league has had to bring in substitutes which are from...wherever (I'm not sure where offhand). They have been screwing up royally across the league. As to the aforementioned Monday night game, it ended up coming down to the last play with the Seahawks driving while being down 12-7 with only seconds left. The call on the field was...dubious. One ref said touchdown, another said the Packers intercepted the ball. It ended up being ruled a touchdown, giving Seahawks the victory. Everyone I know, including people who have no love for the Packers, is calling bullshit: from friends to commentators.

I'm left thinking that if this is how these "refs" are going going to operate, I would just rather not watch games until dispute gets resolved. Hopefully, this doesn't take long.

2 comments:

  1. Just let those NFL refs lose the $97,000 or so they make each season...for a couple of seasons...by then they won't be needed any more, and maybe the replacements will have caught up to the rigors of NFL football. As for me, I couldn't care less about pro football, so it's like a sitcom for me! Imagine up to $500mil being lost because of this football game's bettors and bookies - how funny can this get???!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pissed primarily because this cost my team a victory. But the big picture is that any team can be screwed by bullshit calls like this, so all football fans should be concerned about what happened here (even our main rivals the Chicago Bears).

    You're lucky that you aren't a football fan going through this because it sucks. Would that I cared less.

    ReplyDelete