Sunday, October 28, 2012

What I Learned About Wearing Fangs (& Other Halloween Stuff)

When I was a kid I really wanted to be a vampire for Halloween. For whatever reason, vampires help a special fascination in my mind. I've actually had a pair of fangs since before last Halloween, but I didn't use them then. Well, I finally used them last night. There were some things about them I didn't really expect so here are some things you should know before using them:

1) They feel slightly awkward at first, but then you get used to them.
2) You will salivate more than normal.
3) You will have a slight lisp, but it was easier to speak than I thought it would be.
4) If you wear them for a long period of time and then take them out, it will feel like they're still there for quite a while (the phantom tooth effect).

While I was downtown last night, I hit the mother-lode. Not only did I find Waldo, I found seven of them in one place. There was also Quailman which always brings a smile to my face since it reminds me of my childhood. There was a girl dressed as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, and her costume was legit, all the way to half of her ass hanging out of the...I guess I can't call them pants.

There were two things I found puzzling. One of them was that apparently some guys think that merely wearing a jersey (without pads or anything like that) constitutes a Halloween costume. Fail. The other thing is that I saw a bunch of guys throughout the night that were wearing flannels tops and short-shorts or cut-off jeans, the kind of pants most people would think gay guys wear in San Fran. I'm pretty sure most of these guys were straight (not that I asked), so...I just don't get it. Not that I'm complaining about that one, some of them had some nice legs.

HAPPY GAY CHRISTMAS HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment:

  1. I expect my Halloween will be this: lights out, reading in bed. Dunno why I can't get into it any more. Leading up to it...tedium and/or excitement at the VDEM EOC (see my blog).

    Fun, fun, fun!!!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete