Saturday, February 2, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

The good news: I have to be at work early which means I'll get out early in plenty of time to make some arrangements to see the game. The bad news: it snowed today which will make getting to work...interesting. Can't win them all I suppose...

After the AFC/NFC championships, I was torn about which team to cheer for since I have no particular love or hatred towards either team (the Ravens and the 49ers). I needed a tie-breaker, which ended up being Brendon Ayanbadejo (HERE is the why). So I decided to be a temporary Ravens fan. I still had no particular animus towards the 49ers though...until all of that Chris Culliver stuff went down this past week (he said some homophobic things, issued a half-assed "apology" which I didn't buy, and then went on camera for a more formal "apology"). The final nail in the proverbial coffin was when two players from the 49ers didn't recall being in an "It Gets Better" video. I won't rehash that whole thing, you can read about it HERE. Needless to say I went from wanting a simple win to wanting an annihilation of the 49ers.

Did I mention that the 49ers booted the Packers from the playoffs? Yeah, there's that too.

On another note, I have to say that over the past few years, I have had little to no anticipation for the Super Bowl commercials. call me crazy, but I tune in for the actual game and not the ads or the halftime show. Maybe I was a bad gay for not giving two shits for Madonna's performance during the last Super Bowl halftime, but it did nothing for me. With all of this additional crap, a Sunday night game that starts 2 hours earlier (6:30) than a normal Sunday night game will probably still end after 11.

Anyway, I have beer and I'll be having some very unhealthy food. Let's get this started.

LET'S GO RAVENS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Here, here! GO RAVENS!!!! For all the reasons you listed above!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete