Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Run Rob, Run!!!

I better sleep deep tonight. 

It has been a rather exhausting and active day, more so than any day in the recent past. I have been awake since seven this morning. Over an hour later, I went for a three-mile run and actually remembered to stretch afterwards for once (I always remember to beforehand). Was pretty tired afterwards but felt okay. I usually recover quickly.

I had planned on doing something else later: riding my bike to my polling station to vote in the Virginia primary which was being held today (at least for the Democrats, the Republicans stupidly had a convention last month and came up with some very extreme candidates). However, the new state ID that I was supposed to have a few weeks ago hasn't gotten here yet and the one I have now is expired. Thanks a lot DMV. So I was thinking that I didn't have the proper stuff to go vote. Thinking this, I decided to instead go on another run, just 1.5 miles this time just after three in the afternoon. However, I ran it harder than I usually do. Instead of going on an endurance run, I went on a speed run. Before I went on run #2, I posted on my Facebook page about my voting ID issue. When a got back from the run - which didn't go nearly as bad as I thought it might - a friend got back to my Facebook post about some alternate ID options and another friend joined in. They gave me some things I may be able to use, which led me to thrash about my place looking for something to use. I ended up finding my newest voter registration card from last year which I did after moving. Side note, apparently I had my old registration card on me when I voted last November, so it's a good thing I didn't need it then. Anyway, I threw that in my wallet, hopped on my bike, and went to my precinct. The trouble was that I still only have an expired state ID. Luckily, they poll workers didn't look at that. The address on it however was not where I live now, which is where the new voter registration card came into play. It all ended up working out and I got to vote, which made my day so much better. Then I made the trek back home.


So, I ended up running three mile, then another 1.5 miles, then biking another 1.5-2 miles less than an hour after that. Hopefully, I'll be able to use my legs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment