Friday, August 26, 2011

The Silver Fox

At work a few days ago, the subject of Anderson Cooper randomly came up (not an uncommon occurrence there). One person happened to mention him being gay. Another person kind of said, "Wait, Anderson Cooper is gay?" I was shocked that this was news to this person. It's pretty much an open secret, though the news man doesn't talk about publicly unlike some of his fellow news people like Thomas Roberts (openly gay) or Rachel Maddow (openly lesbian). Of course his personal life is his business, as anyone's should be.

I think part of my shock comes from the fact that I'm in a pretty gay media bubble of sorts. I frequent sites like After Elton, Outsports, and others where every once-in-a-while rumours get reported about who is gay and such (for the record, the writers on these sites usually don't believe the rumours...as they shouldn't). I've been doing this for years and unlike most of these, AC has repeatedly come up and combined with the standard "I don't discuss my personal life" statements that he has given lends itself to him hiding something. I guess like the rest of us, he'll come out on his own timeline (unless he gets outed by TMZ or something like that).

The good news is that, closeted or not, he isn't afraid to take on LGBT issues and homophobia on-air.


Shallow note: I've seen a picture of his alleged boyfriend. HAWT!!! Nothing less for Anderson (quite hot himself).


I'm crossing my fingers that I won't get sued for posting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment