Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years' Follies

Some random thoughts I have about New Years' and the celebration:

-I have it on good authority that actual New Yorkers avoid Times Square like the Plague on New Years'. All those people there are just tourists.
-I feel bad for the people who have to clean that place up after the party.
-I just realized last night that the date of the beginning of the year is pretty arbitrary. It could easily be May 1st or August 13th or any other day for that matter.
-It's interesting that so very many people start out the year in a drunken haze (unfortunately, I wasn't one of those people this time round). Spending half the next day with a pounding headache is probably not a great omen.

In all seriousness though, I hope this is the beginning of what will be a great year for everyone (except for the Republican party).


No comments:

Post a Comment