Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Plot Thickens

I'm still reading "A Clash of Kings." I'm going a lot more slowly than I did with "A Game of Thrones," but that's mainly because life (read: work) is getting in the way. It's such a great book. The one thing is that so far through these two books, when I get to liking a given character, their chances of dying seem to go up to about 50%. Another character for whom I was starting to cheer just bit the dust. I think I need to start liking different characters so that maybe they'll die sooner instead. I was trying to finish this book in a month like I did the last...except it's 160 pages longer so that, plus work, means that probably won't happen (even though this month has an  extra day). I've had the past two days off and covered over 100 pages, but I'm still about six days off-pace.

I love how these books have so much going on. Whenever I do pick the book up, it's pretty hard to put down. Just like I recommended "A Game of Thrones," I recommend "A Clash of Kings." Especially given that the second season of the show will be coming up in a few months. I generally recommend reading a book before seeing the film (or in this case the show). The books are usually better and have more epth, though I have heard that the show based on these books are very close (and from what I have seen thus far, I would have to agree).

2 comments:

  1. Interesting...these showed up in my Amazon "Books you might like" section...now my interest is really piqued. I remember your recommendation of Clash of Thrones...hmmmmm....

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good. I spent a big chunk of yesterday reading it. Time well spent.

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete