Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Update: October 3, 2011

I slept in today for the first time in several months. That should let you know how tired I was.

From Friday through Sunday, I was at work for over 26 hours (half of that was Saturday alone) and slept less than 10. I only got four hours of sleep Saturday night before getting up at 7 and not leaving until 3:30. That's a work load I am very unaccustomed to. To top that off, Virginia Tech suffered it's first defeat of the season, and it was a crushing defeat (23-3) to Clemson. Not even a single damn touchdown. Also, it was a home game. What. A. Shit-show. This was the first game this season that I didn't see any part of, and thank God I didn't.

Linebacker Desmond Bishop & Head Coach Mike McCarthy
On the bright side, Green Bay improved to 4-0 after beating the Broncos. A close(ish) first half was followed by a route in the second with a final score of 49-23. It was such a beat down that we ended up taking Aaron Rodgers out of the game and putting in backup quarterback Matt Flynn. Rodgers did throw his second pick of the season, but nobody's perfect I guess.

It was also a pretty cold weekend. Autumn is definitely making it's presence known. There has been an almost constant breeze, the leaves are starting to change and I actually had to turn on the heat.

I forgot to mention a while back that I finished "A Game of Thrones" and did so two days ahead of schedule (after having fallen behind almost a week behind schedule). It is an awesome book and as I have said before, I highly recommend it. Last Monday I went to Barnes & Noble and picked up the second book in the series "A Clash of Kings." It's looking to also be a great read. Given how busy I've been over the past few days I haven't really had the time or energy to just sit and read, but the next few days should be far more lax. Books like this are why literacy is such a great thing.

That's pretty much everything worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment