Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekend Update: September 25, 2011

My biggest flaw is laziness, as you can see from the fact that I'm posting about last weekend just in time for this weekend to start. Awful :(

No party crashing occurred. Maybe some other time.

Another shit-show at work Sunday morning (which is something I should expect I guess).

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler gets sacked...again
I got out of work in time to see some epic game endings to the one o'clock football games. This season just seems so backwards from last season. Atlanta sucking ass, New England losing to Buffalo (glad I'm not a betting man there), Detroit actually doing well at 3-0. Luckily one of the few constants is that Green Bay is doing well.

The highlight of the weekend was definitely watching the Packers beat the Bears. I was watching in a bar a block away from work...I was the loudest person there. It wasn't a pretty game (too many penalties), but we could always count on Jay Cutler (Chicago's quarterback) to turn the ball over or get sacked. Rodgers threw his first interception of the season. Regardless, a 27-17 victory for the Pack, and on enemy territory (outstanding performances by JerMichael Finley and Greg Jennings). I saw a guy today wearing a Chicago Bears hoodie and it made me wish I had worn that Green Bay Packers shirt that I saw sooooo close to wearing because we ended up exchanging looks ever so briefly. had I been wearing that shirt, I'm sure his look would have turned into a scowl and mine into a smirk. 

We play the Denver Broncos this coming Sunday. I'll be expecting some shit talk from a Broncos fan I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment