Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Update: Sunday Funday!!! Part Two

The rest of the night (though it was only 6 or 7 by this time) is a bit blurry.

So we got back to Awful Arthurs a few minutes later and met up with some people who were there already. Not much happened while we were there, a couple of pool games and more drinking. We eventually headed to another bar called Sharkey's (this is a lot of bars for a Sunday).

There a lot of people there that I had not seen in quite some time. People that I had partied with or worked with in years past. Some of them had moved away and were in town for the weekend (the season-opening football game was this weekend). I ended up getting a picture with us (which I unfortunately can't find now or I would post it here) and tried to send it to a guy I know in Wilmington, N.C that we all know. I did manage to send him a text message saying we were hanging out and it was his kind of gathering (he is very much a social creature, always up for lots of people and lots of drinks).

Seriously, they could be twins.
Some time while I was with these guys, the people I had gotten there with had taken off. Luckily I could pretty much guess where they went (a bar called Champs), so I went over there. There was this guy there who I had hung out with a time or two and we have mutual friends. When I first saw him this night though, I was a bit taken aback (the alcohol probably didn't help). The night we first met some months ago, several of us were headed out of the bar after last call. I leaned over to a friend of mine and was telling her that I thought this guy was really hot (think Brody Jenner). I thought while saying this that I was out of earshot from him. I wasn't, judging by the look on his face when I turned my head. So much for discretion I suppose. 

Anyway back to the present. He was downstairs helping someone (who may or may not have been his girlfriend) with some homework on a laptop. Much of the time at Champs that I remember was probably spent down there talking with them about...stuff. I won't say that I blacked out, that's too strong a phrase. I definitely browned out though. I remember trying to go up the steps and not doing so very gracefully. I had to get a bandage for my left middle toe and my nail on my right big toe was fairly shredded. At some point, I decided it was time to go home and I made the 1.5 mile trek.

I had planned on getting a lot of stuff done on Monday. Almost none of it actually got done except for laundry and a small grocery trip. I spent the day in Hangover City. Despite sleeping in until almost noon, I had to take what ended up being a 2-hour nap from 3-5, which of course ruined my sleep schedule because I didn't get to sleep that night until after 3am. Then I had to get up at 8 this morning to get ready for work and start doing the stuff that was supposed to get done yesterday.

Totally worth it though. Sunday was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment