Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weekend Preview: September 24, 2011

Here are some things I'm looking forward to over the next few days.

The first is actually something I'm not really looking forward to and it's the result of being awake right now. I got out of work late (2 hours ago) and I'm still not all that tired. However to keep up with routine, I'm still getting up at 8am. This pretty much means not getting much sleep for the second night in a row (for whatever reason, I woke up in the middle of the night last night and never really got back to sleep). Even though I have the time to sleep in it's something I don't like doing. I have some stuff I want to get done tomorrow before work. This means I'm probably going to be extra cranky at work (which is really saying something).

Virginia Tech football head coach Frank Beamer.
Speaking of which, I should be getting out relatively early tomorrow night. I need to find something to do, maybe crash a party or something. I pretty much owe it to myself because I almost always end up working late on Friday AND Saturday nights. Also, if Virginia Tech wins its game against Marshall (away), everyone will be all the more rowdy. This would make for an interesting night.

Green Bay Packers Wide Receiver Greg Jennings
I was originally supposed to be off Sunday but scheduling issues led to me working the long afternoon shift. Huge problem there because I had made plans before the change. Luckily someone switched shifts so I should be out in time to catch Green Bay play at Chicago. This is one of the oldest sports rivalries (and a rather bitter one) in U.S. sports. These two teams met 3 times last season (Green Bay lost the first, but had the last 2 laughs, the latter of which got us into the Super Bowl). Thank God this is a 4pm game. I'm already excited. I'm supposed to meet up with a mate (maybe some others too) to watch the game downtown. There's something really awesome about watching football with friends, drinking, and eating really unhealthy food.

This weekend has some promise, an unusual occurrence. Hopefully it lives up to that. Happy weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment