Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Fails

Today was the day I have dreaded for a few weeks now.  Today brought the first chill of Autumn and even though Autumn's beginning is not officially for another week, the high days of Summer are gone. It has been cool all day and clouds have been heavy with the threat of rain. I knew it was coming inevitably. I have also noticed the shortening of days (the change in day length is something I tend to have an acute awareness of). This is not the half of the year where I fair well. Cold is not my strong suit. Winter is always something of a struggle both physically and emotionally. Finding ways to keep my spirits up is definitely a must. It's a good thing I have a great book to read right now.

Tomorrow will not see 60 degrees here, and it will only get worse.

To quote the book I'm reading, "Winter is coming!" Time to brace for the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment