Sunday, September 4, 2011

Off the Radar

I was at work Friday night and there was also a new guy working. This was only the second time that we were both in the building at the same time (I don't even remember his name off hand). Anyway, in the course of a conversation, he was told by the manager on duty that I'm gay. Apparently, he was surprised.

This isn't the first time that this has happened. Many people that I have known over the years - friends, co-workers, whatever - find out that I'm not on their team and are surprised. The thing is that their surprise surprises me. I guess I'm just so used to being gay and the idea of being gay at this point that I feel like I just give it off enough that people know without me saying so. There is also the fact that I make a lot of comments or jokes that most straight guys may be inclined not to say so as not to seem gay. Then again, I guess those around me are not always wondering who is gay and who is not. And why would they?

Not my most well-formed of posts but I was at work for over 8 hours today and I'll be back in less than 7.5 hours. My brain isn't functioning. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment