Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Update: October 10, 2011

It was another marathon weekend at work. This time, almost thirty hours. Friday night, I didn't get home until 1:30am (I left work only 30 minutes before). Luckily I have today and tomorrow off to not even have to think about work.

Meanwhile, I came away from this weekend with a valuable lesson: always have beer/wine in stock at home. Friday and Saturday night, I wanted to have a night-cap, but there was nothing in my fridge (alcohol-wise) except a couple of 40's which I wasn't touching with a ten-foot pole. Here in Virginia you can get beer and wine at a grocery store (it works differently elsewhere is my understanding...maybe), but not after midnight. I didn't leave work in time to make it to a store and pick something up much to my chagrin.

On my way home Sunday afternoon, I did stop at a grocery store to pick up a 6-pack of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat (haven't had that in a while) as well as some actual food). I had 1 of those beers during the half-time of the Packers-Falcons game when we were down 14-3. It knocked me the hell out. I felt incredibly drunk. Before you call me a lightweight, keep in mind I was at work for 14hours Saturday, slept less than 5 hours, then got up at 7am, walked 2 miles and worked another 7.5 hours. I was prime for a rash and lasting as long as I did was nothing short of a miracle.

Also, after a 14-point deficit, Green Bay scored 25 unanswered points to win the Sunday night game on the road against the Atlanta Falcons. Virginia Tech also played a hard game against the Miami Hurricanes and squeaked by with a 38-35 win that went down to the wire. GOBBLE GOBBLE BITCHES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment