Wednesday, April 2, 2014

MEAT!!!

About two days after Mardi Gras, I realized that I hadn't decided what I was giving up for Lent. usually I have this thought out in advance, but Mardi Gras snuck up on me this year. I thought it started March 11th, and I was off by a week. Then I noticed that I hadn't had meat since before fat tuesday, so that ended up being this year's sacrifice. It isn't a significant part of my food intake anyway so I didn't think anything of it.

Cut to three weeks later...

I want meat. I REALLY want it. Even though I didn't think much of it at the time I decided to forego it, making something forbidden makes it that much more tempting. I realized a day or two ago that I still have three more weeks to go before meat is back on the menu. That was a very depressing thought. I promised myself I would get a big, juicy burger when Lent is over. Of course that just makes me that less patient for this to be over.


1 comment:

  1. And yet you tempt yourself AND ME with that gorgeous burger from Five Guys! Ya bum! HAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete