Sunday, June 12, 2011

Work Tales: Going Postal

Last night at work was...eventful (to say the least). There is this guy who I work with who is a perfectly nice guy who had been there for some weeks. Again perfectly nice, but a consummate screw-up. Well I guess last night was the last straw. The first part of the confrontation I heard was the manager on duty telling him to go home. I won't go into extreme detail (because that would take forever), but the guy was being irate and apparently wasn't aware that he needed to stop talking (read: yelling), despite everyone telling him he needed to just shut up and leave. eventually he "dared" the manager to fire him, which he did. 

A little bit later after he had left, we saw his car parked in the parking lot across the street. It seemed like he was just sitting there waiting for something or someone. A couple of people started making jokes like we should go over there (or at least within sight) and taunt him because we had jobs and he didn't at this point. I was trying not to smile or laugh during all of this, but the guy pretty much brought the situation upon himself, so I didn't feel guilty about it. Then we started making jokes about the guy stalking the manager that he had the altercation with. Right before I left that night, I said to the manager, "If you get scared tonight and you need someone to cuddle with, just give me a call." There was a semi-real chance that this guy was going follow the manager home and...well...who know what but we tried to keep the situation light.

In case you're wondering, the manager was fine. I saw him today alive and in one piece, so all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment