Friday, June 17, 2011

Title Town Bling

Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers
I'm not sure if I have mentioned it, but I'm a big fan of the Green bay Packers. Yeah, I watched the Super Bowl in February and was happy to down some celebration champagne. Some thing about that night just felt like the stars aligned, which is why I guess that I was so calm when Green Bay actually won versus going crazy and running around the room like a mad man. It was an uphill battle this season: a concussed quarterback, star players dropping like flies, and a loss to the Bears (which wasn't that bad since we ended up beating them twice later in the season, including the NFC Championship). I was told that I had the lamest reaction to the win, but a huge smile was all I needed to express how happy I was for us to bring the Lombardy Trophy back to where it belongs after 14 years.

So why am I mentioning this now? After all, the Super Bowl was several months ago. Well yesterday, the team got their well deserved rings.



Also, my big brother from my fraternity days is a Chicago Bears fan. I wish I had been around him to rub it in his face. I'm not usually a gloater, but I would have made an exception this time around.

Did I mention that Clay Matthews (Outside Linebacker) is a total stud?


No comments:

Post a Comment