Thursday, May 26, 2011

Childhood "Obsession"

An image of the poster I have.
Ever since I was a kid, I have had a huge fascination with the X-Men. There is just something about being born with special powers that has always held my interest. "X-Men: The Animated Series" was pretty much my reason for waking up on Saturday mornings (at 10:00 am on Fox...yeah, I remember). I actually have a poster somewhere that has pretty much all of the main characters from the comic books of the X-Men universe on it (it was a pretty awesome find.

Dark Phoenix
My favourite character has to be Jean Grey. First, she has the power that I would want the most: telekinesis, the ability to move and manipulate matter with your mind. Second, the whole Phoenix thing (to which Jean is very closely linked) is really interesting to me. I remember The Animated Series doing a version of the Phoenix Saga and I couldn't wait to see it. It. Was. Awesome...(and kinda sad a couple of times).

Honestly though, I did not actually buy the comic book on a regular basis. I only have a few issues which are currently still at my parents place in another city. I wish I had been more of a comic reader when I was younger. The only real "playing catch-up" that I have done is by reading Wikipedia articles on characters and storylines (actually, just last night I found out how Professor Xavier lost the use of his legs).

I stumbled upon this video a few years ago. It's pretty awesome (the music is from X-Men: Last Stand).


No comments:

Post a Comment