Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wine Weekend

A few friends and myself went to this festival in town called Fork & Cork on Saturday. There was food. There was art. There was music. Most importantly, there was wine. To be honest, I have never been a huge wine fan (in fact, I used to loathe the stuff). In the last few months however, I have had a large change of heart. I actually liked a lot of the wines that I tasted. There was a particular winery that didn't use grapes at all, they used fermented fruits. That was one of the best wineries overall. Yeah, I got a little tipsy. Drinking, especially on a warm day, will have that affect.

The unfortunate thing is that I had to go to work afterward (closing, which was even worse) and my head was pounding most of the time. Still, totally worth it.

Best moment was when I saw this:

I should have bought one of those shirts ;)

3 comments:

  1. Now I want to go visit that winery! Any idea if it's a Virginia winery or somewhere else?
    Looks like you had a good day!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keene, VA (ironically, I think it's run by women...go figure).

    Crappy work day aside, it was a great day.

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled it. It is run by women, and there's nothing there. Just vineyards. Someone does the crushing and everything else. But of course, in all good wine, it's the grape!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete