Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco Shenanigans

I went straight from work (just after four) to place number one. I guess my main problem with alcohol is that I don’t drink to get drunk, I drink drinks that taste good, which leads to me drinking fairly quickly if I’m not paying attention. The first Margarita was gone within minutes. The three other people I was with were pretty surprised. We were playing darts 2-on-2. My team lost L. The two of the people I was with left (one feeling terrible from the night before, the other having to go to work), so my other friend and I played 1-on-1. I got schooled in the beginning (he closed out 20, 19, and 18 in 3 turns), but I made a good comeback. I got to within about 6 shots of losing (he only had bullseyes left to get) when I came up with a strategy: every turn, aim for the bull’s-eye on the first shot. I lucked out and this strategy led me to win by two shots.

We headed over to bar #2 after that. The service there was terrible. Luckily, we had good company. Unfortunately, when I broke out my camera to take some pictures, I got 1, then the battery died without warning. Fail. Good thing I had my phone…except I didn’t know how to take pictures on it (despite having had it since November or December). I had to figure out how to work the damn thing in a matter of minute…which I did. What sucks is that the phone doesn’t take good pictures (bad resolution and I still don’t know how to turn the flash on).

There was an interesting point in the conversation when it came to phones. I had mentioned how I has no idea how to work the camera on my phone. One of the girls asked to have a look at my phone, I guess she was going to try to figure out the camera functions. So when she gets it going, she sees the picture that is my background:

My phone then got passed around the table and there was pretty much unanimous approval. The funny thing is that the guy next to me (straight) seemed like he really wanted to see it. I have to wonder what he thought when he saw it (I’m sure disappointment was in there somewhere). Needless to say, no one was thinking about my phones camera after seeing that man.

The worst thing about the night was that I ate waaaaaaay too much (stupid Mexican places and their endless flow of free chips and salsa…along with some food somebody left when they checked out early). I’ll have to try to work that off tomorrow. Good thing the drinks at place #2 weren’t that strong. I may not have a hangover in the A.M. (although it’s supposed to be ridiculously cold for May).

P.S. Somehow I only spent $18. Thank God drinks in this town are cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment