Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flash Back

Every once in a while, I have a dream that takes place at some point in my past. Last night was one of those times. For me, these are some of the worst dreams I can have. The reason is that, like a lot of people (I suppose), I have this deep-seated desire to go back and relive my past in order to fix the major mistakes. It's a very unshakable and consuming desire.

Sometimes when you are in the midst of a dream, you realize that, or have a hunch that, you are dreaming. Such was the case in this dream last night and I tried to wake myself out of it. No dice. This led some part of my mind to think that I was not, in fact dreaming...that I had in fact gone back. A few minutes later, I actually did wake up (in the middle of the night) with this tremendous sense of disappointment and betrayal. I had been tricked, by myself, into thinking that one of my greatest wishes had come true only to find out it hadn't.
~
The reason I ended up wake from this dream probably has something to do with the storms that rolled through the area during the night. The wind was howling, it sounded like an Indian monsoon, and thunder that sounded like bombs exploding.

Both in my mind, and in the real world, it was a tumultuous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment