Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Tale of Two Days

Monday, 9:30 a.m.

I walk out of my townhouse to go on a morning run. It's a beautiful sunny day. It's warm with a light breeze from the South. People that I see seem in high spirits at the beginning of what will be a great Spring day.

Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.

I walk out of my townhouse on my way to work. It feels less like April and more like early Winter. The temperature is just above freezing, but a stiff wind out of the North makes it feel far colder. A light shower of snow is falling. And people's heads are down. The difference of twenty-four hours is a stark one.

Such is the clime of this corner of the world. A week can take you through a year's worth of weather. There is a saying around here, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment