Friday, April 1, 2011

Work Tales: My Precious



I walk into work on Tuesday morning, and one of the first things that I see is a picture of me printed out next to a picture of Gollum (i.e. from "The Lord of the Rings" film). What really got me was that this was done by one of the managers. I have a couple of thoughts on this:


1) I'm pretty sure I could have called this harassment since this was a manager (which someone suggested I do).
2) This manager is not well liked. Most of us hate him to some degree. I'm actually one of the people that didn't, and still don't though my opinion of him is quite a bit lower now.
3) Don't worry I didn't overreact or get pissed. I just let it alone and didn't even take the pictures down (another manager did the next day). Of course the main reason I left them up was so people would see what a douche this guy is. Mission: Accomplished.
4) The funniest thing was that everyone thought I had done something to this guy to piss him off.

And in case you're wondering no, I don't actually look like Gollum (see the profile picture for confirmation on that). I am very into Tolkien, which is where I guess he got the idea.
 ~
Today is April Fool's Day...which I hate. It's seriously one of the worst days of the year for me. I have a sense of humour and all, but this day has a habit of kicking my in the ass. To make matters worse, I have to work during it.

I guess my hatred of this day dates back to grade four when one of my best friends told me he was moving away. Just as the tears started flowing down my face, he said "April Fool's." It didn't really help that he was the first guy I ever had a crush on (though the crush had ended months before), but even regardless of that, I felt totally naked and like a schmuck. So yeah this day pretty much blows. We'll see how it goes...I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment